PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thanksgiving is for Lovers

Normally I'd be posting Fresh Cuts today, but since the page didn't seem to be updated, I figured I would go another route and give you Fresh Cuts when there actually are some. Until then...

Thanksgiving is just around the corner and I couldn't be more excited. I've loved Thanksgiving for as long as I can remember, and my love for it just seems to keep growing. Maybe it has something to do with sharing my birthday month with Thanksgiving. Occasionally my birthday falls on Thanksgiving, but usually it serves as the pre-cursor to my birthday--like an appetizer if you will...and those appetizers are ooohh sooo delish. 

I love thanksgiving because it has everything to do with family and food and absolutely nothing to do with presents (unless it happens to also be my birthday). For my family, Thanksgiving usually starts with a long morning in our pajamas, cooking and baking to our heart's content. Now that we are older we are doing this mostly in our own homes, but since I am the baby of the family, I still get to pawn myself off on a welcoming sibling who will let me take over part of their house to make a mess and some really good rolls (or whatever it is I am baking that year). This year my sister has the privilege of my presence :) 

As a say-at-home-mom most of her life, my mom spent a lot of time cooking and baking from scratch, especially when we were little. She has some incredible recipes and taught all of us kids how to do it on our own. This is a lifeskill I am so grateful to have! We may not have been spoiled with stuff, but we sure got spoiled with good food!

In light of that, Thanksgiving has become our own version of Top Chef. We cook, we bake, we sweat, we experiment, and we make darn good food. Well, I guess I would say we are a little more "Little House on the Prairie" than "Top Chef", but either way we end with a good meal, so that's all that matters. 

I could honestly keep talking about Thanksgiving for hours, so to keep things interesting here are a few things I would love to have or wear this Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving may not be about presents (phew!), but there is always room for a little Anthropologie in there!

Kitchen Impressionism Apron
Imagined Iris Cup & Saucer 
Breton Holders
Stream Bank Platter
Alistair Napkin, Flora
Reclining Rabbit Tureen
That last one I couldn't help but include. Come on, a bunny?? How awesome is that?!

Gift Tip: With Christmas just 33 days away I can't help but think about what to buy for the people I love. As much as I love that Thanksgiving has nothing to do with gifts, ironically one of my favorite things to do is give them! Some of the best luck I have had with gift giving is with aprons. Anthropologie has great deals on aprons practically year round for both kids and adults (that one above is only $19.95). It's always fun to get a new, fun apron that changes things up a little, and since it's something you only wear at home for a few hours at a time, I find that people are a little more adventurous with styles. I swear you can find one to match any personality-you really can't go wrong though. For a few more apron options, click here, herehere, and here <--- that last one is only $7.95!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment