PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Figure Out My Ish

I've started a multitude of blogs at this point. With each one I hoped the theme would catch on, or at that it would at least give me an excuse to practice writing. Well, I never really found a theme I loved or a direction to go in. I got some writing practice but not exactly enough to get that book deal I've been hoping for.

With the help of my sisters I've mulled over themes, directions, and blog titles. "Anthropology of a Girl" actually landed on one of my brainstorm lists at least a year ago. I liked the way it sounded, but didn't know exactly what to do with it.

I'm not a very impulsive person. It's not that I can't make decisions, it's that I can't make a decision when the decision doesn't really matter. I like to mull over those kinds of decisions. I especaially struggle in the decision making process when it comes to things that will represent who I am. Art, design, decorating, and shopping are things that come to mind. I only want to present exaclty who I am, and nothing to the contrary.

So you can imagine the mulling I went over in regard to this blog. Actually-don't bother. I'll save you the horror and get to the point of why I'm starting this blog.

I am a single girl in her 20's. I live on my own, I work full-time. I love my family and have incredible friends. So much is good in life. Ilovemylife.

But then there are the moments that totally suck. Money comes to mind. And sometimes work. And schedules. And balancing everything there is to balance (i.e. everything).

One thing I know for sure though is that I am learning a LOT. I'm learning about myself, relationships, work, faith, just everything. It wasn't until about a year ago that I realized your 20's are a very unique and short period in life. While they feel forever long at times, I know they will be over in a split second.

I am a fully grown adult who can make her own decisons. I do not answer anyone. I take care only of myself. I make my own schedule and do as I please. This will only last so long so I want to make the most of it. I figure, I might as well figure out my own ish while I have the time, so when *one day* I actually do get married, then we have a little bit less ish to figure out together. Maybe I'm naive, but it sounds like a pretty good theory to me.

So that's why I have this blog. I am here to figure out my ish and to learn how to enjoy it in the process. I want to love life and embrace this day, and every day to come.

This is the anthropology of a girl.

2 comments:

  1. I will be the bold first commented here! Love. We'll hold each other accountable. Looks like you linked to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a fan too. As a girl in her 20s too, I love everything you touched upon. ilovemylife.

    ReplyDelete