PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Focus On: Coats (Pt. 2)

I still have the first coat I ever bought with my own money. It's a classic  black trench coat, purchased on sale from Banana Republic at some point during my junior or senior year of high school. I love that coat. I still remember the incredible excitement that washed over me as I walked out of the store, coat in hand--all was right in the world. Not only did I have a new coat, I had a fabulous new coat. Black. Skims the knee. Straight bodice, cinched in at the waist with a silver-studded belt. A classic collar reaching down towards the waist. Swooshes just slightly as you walk.

While I still love that coat, I have come a long way in my fashion sense since then. You can never have too many classics, but you can also never have too many original pieces either. After all, how then will your kids be able to look back at pictures of you and ask, "what are you wearing??!?" Something about a perm and a muumuu-type dress is coming to my mind...love you mom :)

With that being said, here are my top picks of classics with a twist (and a few alternative pieces too).

Fatigue Finery Cape
Apsley Parka
Vaterland Parka
Flounced Pintuck Parka
Savoy Quilted Leather Jacket
Penobscot Poncho
Tell me: Do you go classic or  original when it comes to buying statement pieces?

No comments:

Post a Comment