PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Where I'd Rather Be

I envy my roommate right now. I know that I shouldn't. That envy, I am pretty sure, is one of the seven deadly sins. But seriously I can't help but envy her right now.

Why do you ask? Because my roommate is currently on a plane, on her way to Kenya with a group of people from our church. I don't know exactly what she'll be doing there-I am pretty sure she doesn't even know. BUT, she will be in Africa, experiencing the best that God and life has to offer.

You see, it's on the missions field that I feel the most alive and the most at peace. Anxiety ceases and depression disappears. Life abounds and flows freely.

It's on the missions field that I experience true freedom. Freedom from the chains and social media that bind me. Freedom from work, life, and every nagging e-mail pulling at my shirttails.

It's on the missions field that I feel at home. It's where the best of me shines through, which isn't the best of me at all really, but the love of Jesus that can finally shine through my rough, calloused, and damaged exterior.

It's on the missions field that I am where I want to be. There really is no place I'd rather be than on the missions field, doing as God has called me to do.

You see, this is why I envy my roommate. I wish I were there. I wish I could experience the life changing moments and epic stories that I know will mold and shape her for eternity. I wish I could be there to love on the people who need God's love the most. I wish I could be there to see the beauty God has gifted to that country and those people.

But I know my time will come. I've had the pleasure of experiencing these things not only in my lifetime, but even in the last year of my life. I can only hope and pray for new opportunities to experience such true joy once again.

And until that day comes, I will celebrate the opportunity for someone I hold dear to my heart to experience thees things. For it would be unfair of me to keep such joy from the ones I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment