PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, November 7, 2011

Anthro of Little Girls

Like most of the rest of the world, I'm not really sure where my weekend went. If your anything like me, then I'm guessing your weekend started with some sort of list. The first week of November has come and gone *sniff* so for all I know your list included Christmas shopping and buying Justin Beiber's new Christmas album (not that it's on my list or anything). Or maybe your list was more of the "clean the toilet, go to Target" kind of list. Or if your lucky enough, perhaps your list was actually more of a "honey-do" list...you know, the one where you give someone else your list to do an then feel uber productive when he/she starts crossing things off?

Well, this weekend my list looked something like this:  


Pretty good lookin' list, eh? I'm guessing yours may have looked a little different, but I'd take this list over yours ANY day of the week. 

You see, my nieces came to visit this weekend which meant there was a lot of this going on: 


Who knew stairs could be so fun? And no, I don't actually know what they were doing here, but the little one made sure she was in on the fun by copying the middle one. Actually, come to think of it, I think the middle one may have been trying to weasel her way to the garage to find my hidden bin of friends (i.e. baby dolls and stuffed toys). 

So while the little girls did that, the big one and I work on our list. I'm not totally sure where the list idea came from...maybe she's learning about list making at school or something?

Our list was in order of priority, with the break in the middle marking the little one's nap. We got through the first 5 options on our list, some being more successful than others (read: baking was more of a mess than success). I'm also not sure what option "c" meant ("move") but in the busyness of our day, we didn't even make it to the after-nap section. 

We did, however, make it to the candy store. Good thing we prioritized! 

Priority ONE: Candy Store 

All this being said, if this is what it means to be a little girl, then I'm all in! I'll gladly forgo my "clean the toilets and go to Target" list for "candy store, baking, and nerf fight" anytime. Sure, I might not be able to cross everything off my list by the end of the weekend, but I'd much rather try to squeeze "nerf fight" into my week than "paying bills," wouldn't you? 

Speaking of lists, I'm totally avoiding mine right now. Anyone wanna go to the candy store with me? 

2 comments:

  1. I realized I haven't updated my feed of your blog...which is why I hadn't seen this. Absolutely precious! I'm guessing that "move" actually means "movie". And they must have remembered the blankets from your house which is why they wanted to wear them tonight. Ella's list is precious! She's a good Type A like all of us :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course! A movie makes much more sense. Seriously, I don't know what they were doing in those blankets, but not too long after they did manage to find my high heels.

    ReplyDelete